Saturday 1 June 2013

FREE online Harvard computer science course.

So! I don't know how many are you actually care about my personal life, but it would be appropriate to let all of you know that I have an interest for computer programming and science. I'm currently taking computer ROP design classes and math analysis at my school, and would like to get familiar with programs like C++ and JavaScript, as well as I'm studying trigonometry and playing around with Autodesk Maya knock-offs in my spare time. I'm making myself take the advanced courses I need to make me eligible to attend a university so that I can get my major in this field!
Well, one day on the internet I came across this open learning initiative on Harvard's website, full of informational videos on what you should know about computers if you're wanting to major in this study. It's free, and online, and taught by David Malan, a very smart (and tbh attractive, lets not forget i am a girl here) Harvard graduate who not only majored in computer science and graduated from a top university, but received his bachelors, masters, and doctorate in this field. He teaches Harvard’s introductory computer science course and holds an appointment as lecturer on computer science in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
The free online computer science course is an introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science. The topics they cover include algorithms and their design, implementation, and analysis; software development (abstraction, encapsulation, data structures, debugging, and testing); architecture of computers (low-level data representation and instruction processing); computer systems (programming languages, compilers, operating systems, and databases); and computers in the real world (networks, websites, security, forensics, and cryptography). "The course teaches students how to think more carefully and how to solve problems more effectively." The videos also example what Harvard's CS50 class is like, which includes hands-on training with C, PHP, as well as JavaScript. (eeep!) You can watch them off of any platform as well. The videos are offered in Quicktime, Flash, and MP3 (audio only) formats.
I've only watched the first part of the introductory lesson but I'm so excited to keep learning about it that I already had to make a blog. The video taught me about bits, binary systems, programming, algorithms, scratch, statements, Boolean expressions, conditions, loops, and variables. I also learned a whole new incredibly easy method of taking role with a group of people, using the same algorithms that are applied in technology!
These online classes are informative, interesting, understandable, clear, taught by a computer tech doctorate Harvard grad, and FREE. If you have any thoughts about majoring in computer science, CHECK OUT THIS PROGRAM!!! It's so awesome and I'm glad I was fortunate enough to discover it.
The link is right here! Click! It might be a life-changing decision! Free Online Computer Science Course

No comments:

Post a Comment